Saturday 1 January 2011

Attack of the Girly Teenage Crushes!

It's been the new year for just over a day now and it has happened again.


I have yet ANOTHER celebrity crush. ...Actually, make that TWO new ones.


Just to clarify, the new crushes are a pair of magicians. What can I say, I'm a sucker for magic. It's fun, it's quirky and it's a different, less humdrum lifestyle :) I've had my eye on these two for a while, but I saw them on a show on the BBC earlier tonight and I am now totally smitten *Blush*


I know it's not weird to get a crush on a celebrity (Or two, or more in my case), everybody gets at least one but mine are sometimes a little bizarre - usually 'cos the guy's got a fair bit in common with me - or his characters do ^-^''


This kinda fits in with a conversation I had with my friend Liz when we watched a bit of Batman (1989) together. She has the hots for Jack Nicholson.


When she told me, I was like 'woah, wait a minute, JACK NICHOLSON?! Did you get the name right?'. She did. I dunno, I didn't really get the attraction - I don't think he's that good looking... Forget the fact that he's 73 now, we're talking about the younger him, but still...


Hmm... Nah, I don't see it. There is something strange about him, but I don't find him physically attractive... What I find even funnier is that another of my friends finds Sylvester Stallone really, REALLY hot. She's 17. He's 64.



(Sorry, Rachel, that's not the best pic of him XD I must admit, he looks good for his age, though.)

That being said, who do I think is better? I'm gonna regret this, but here is my list of sometimes weird, almost always geeky, but in most ways kinda cute/hot, celebrity men. Here's five (Technically 6) off the top of my head, but I will add if anyone's up for discussion!


Note: This sorta contraversial list is in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. You have been warned. Prepare to be amazed... or appalled 0_0


1. Christopher Mintz-Plasse: My Geeky Crush




Ah, god, I'm a sucker for superheroes too! This guy is really, REALLY cute, AND he always plays the geeky guys (Instant attraction lol). He was kinda one of the bad guys in Kick-Ass, he was a cute geek who role-played in Role Models... what can I say, the guy ticks all of my boxes!! ^-^ That being said, in real life he isn't that geeky... Meh, he's really cute. I could probably let it slide XD


2. George Clooney: My Bad Guy Crush




I know what some of you are thinking - WHY?! He is way too old for you! Well, it's all because of a little vampire movie called From Dusk 'Till Dawn... He played a thief/almost all-round bad guy and I pretty much just melted... Not like me, I don't usually go for the bad guy, but here it worked for some reason. He's probably one of the oldest guys on my list, but he still dosen't look half bad for his age, haha!


3. Bruce Campbell: My Obscure Crush




Don't know who he is? He's a B-movie actor, most famous for the video nasty The Evil Dead. I know this franchise like the back of my hand, and to be honest, didn't really see much in him until I saw the picture above this pointless bit of blah. Sure, he's a lot older now (This pic is from 1993), but I saw him in that picture, I couldn't help but be a bit smitten. However, I think I like his character as opposed to liking him; I'm sure he's an awesome guy, but his character can kill zombies... sorted!


4. Keanu Reeves: My 'Older-Brother's Friend' sort of crush




After about four years, this crush has not lessened any. Of course, now he dosen't do comedy and has sort of taken on this deadpan persona in a lot of films he's in, but my god, my heart just melts when I watch the Bill and Ted movies. He's a big softy with great taste in music, an adorable smile (and a pretty hot smirk, judging by the picture ^-^) and a time-travelling phone booth! Also, without Ted and his friend Bill, the world would never achieve world - or intergalactic, for that matter - peace. If that dosen't count to anything, I don't know what will! He always felt to me like that one guy you can't like because he's your friend/sister/brother's friend and he's a couple years older than you... Wow, that was a bit of a downer!


5/Technical 6. Barry and Stuart: The New Crushes




Like I said, I've been a fan of these guys for a year or so now, but hadn't really kept close tabs on them. Then I saw the show 'The Magicians'. Now, I've been watching magic acts all my life, and never really grew out of them. I've always loved that little element of mystery behind the perfect magic act; it makes life a little less boring and actually makes you believe there's a bit more to life than eat-sleep-work-toilet-telly-sleep; that there's something extraordinary out there... Sorry, I'm waffling tripe.


These guys did some really clever tricks tonight - although everyone else was showing off a bit more, I still loved them :P Biased or what? - and they even WALKED ON COALS for people's entertainment! Not only that, they deal with the more macabre elements of magic - they use a lot more fake blood than your average Paul Daniels impersonator - and add a lot of (Dark) humour into it. They love horror films, they're really geeky... Also, did I mention they're from Scotland? :D ...Perfect.


Well, that's some insight into my weird collection of crushes. There are a few more, but they're really kinda obscure and I thought I'd better stick to the well sorta well better known ones :)


What about you lot. if there's anyone there? Do you guys agree or do you absolutely hate my crushes? Don't worry, I don't bite! :P




EDIT: Okay, I've added the pics to the blog anyway... They might vanish or have me erased soon, but they're here for a moment, at least ^_^ 

1 comment:

  1. There is an award waiting for you at mine, nip over and have a look :)

    ReplyDelete